I am currently a Software Engineering Manager at Apple working on health and fitness algorithms. This website serves as a aggregation point for my previous research and publications from my undergraduate and graduate school years.
My passion is finding creative solutions to complex and challenging problems and bringing those solutions to life. I thrive on problems that others find too scary or risky to tackle. I love big data, small details, and how the two combine to reveal meaning about products we love and opportunities in the market.
Fellowships / Scholarships:
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- Hertz Graduate Research Fellowship Finalist
- Stanford Departmental Research Fellowship
- UCLA Van Trees Research Scholarship
- UCLA Undergraduate Research Fellow
- Johns Hopkins Summer Research Fellow
- "SoftRAN: Software Defined Radio Access Network", A Gudipati, D Perry, LE Li, and S Katti in ACM HotSDN, 2013.
- "Articulatory Features for Expressive Speech Synthesis", AW Black, HT Bunnell, Y Dou, P Kumar, F Metze, D Perry, T Polzehl, K Prahallad, S Steidl, C Vaughn. ICASSP 2012.
- "Emotion Identification for Evaluation of Synthesized Emotional Speech", S Steidl, T Polzehl, HT Bunnell, Y Dou, P Kumar, D Perry, K Prahallad, C Vaughn, AW Black, F Metze. Speech Prosody 2012.